Stepping Away

I am stepping away from my role at Sprouter.

It’s been over a year since we were acquired by Postmedia and I look forward to seeing the community grow under their leadership.

It’s hard not to be nostalgic as this chapter closes, as the past few years have been an incredible journey.

I’ve been privileged to travel to many far-flung places, meet incredibly talented people and forge friendships and memories that will last a lifetime.

I’ve learned so much that it seems trivial to try to put it into words… From building products to growing brands… from determining strategy to leading teams… from idea to execution, through triumph and failure.

It has been the most terrible, humbling, amazing, stressful, fantastic, exciting, maddening, wonderful, horrible, exhilarating experience one could ever have – and the most amazing education one could ever hope for.

My perception, philosophy and person are forever changed.

My time as a founder has brought forward an acute sense of self-awareness and resilience that I am immensely grateful to have discovered. It has also revealed to me the single greatest asset of any organization: the people.

I have had the distinct privilege of working alongside an amazing group of individuals. People I’ve come to respect, admire and appreciate deeply. It has been outrageously humbling to have such talented people believe in my vision and work tirelessly to bring it to fruition.  Our shared battle scars are representative of the unfathomable bond that comes from toiling together in the trenches.

As I step away from Sprouter to move forward with a new idea, I’d like to sincerely thank those who have given so much of their time, effort and support to get us to where we are today. I am truly indebted for your unrelenting dedication, passion and loyalty. Thank you for bravely defying the odds, ignoring the critics and always believing in the possibility behind “what if”…

And finally – thank you to the entire Sprouter community. Thank you for rallying behind us, for sharing in our vision and letting us be a part of your own startup journeys. I wish you all continued success and know that the team at Postmedia will endeavor to serve you well.

I am looking forward to re-joining the startup ranks, rolling up my sleeves and starting the cycle all over again…

Here’s to the next adventure.

Sarah Prevette

Founder, Sprouter

About these ads

19 Responses to Stepping Away

1. You should be really proud of what you have accomplished with Sprouter and BetaKit. Good luck on the next chapter!

2. connie says:

Well done, Sarah! I look forward to seeing what’s next for you. In the meantime, I hope you manage to take a little break in there somewhere. Cheers!

3. communicable says:

Good luck, Sarah. To the next adventure and the excitement it brings!

4. Good luck Sarah, looking forward to seeing the next chapter evolve

5. ali says:

Best wishes, Sarah — excited to hear what comes next.

6. Good luck Sarah – looking forward to hearing what’s next for you.

7. Wow! Congrats on everything, Sarah. You’ve built something truly amazing and touched so many lives. Thanks for being my friend and letting me learn from you from time to time : )

8. Sunta says:

Best of luck Sarah, you’re truly an inspiration. Looking forward to seeing the next chapter unfold!

9. Adam Wallace says:

Amazing work that you have done and can’t wait to see what you do next! Congrats on starting the next adventure.

10. Sean says:

Congratulations on your accomplishments Sarah and Good Luck on your new beginnings

11. Jess Bennett says:

Best wishes, Sarah! I can’t wait to see what you next.

12. You made a distinct dent in the startup universe Sarah! Congratulations on all you’ve accomplished and best of luck on the next challenge!

13. Jenna says:

Congrats on all your accomplishments, Sarah! I learned a great deal from both you and Erin during my internship and am forever grateful. Looking forward to hearing about your next idea!

14. Nicholas Montgomery says:

Good luck on the next adventure Sarah!

15. Congratulations Sarah. It’s hard to walk away from something you’ve poured your heart into. Good luck with whatever comes next.

16. Congrats, Sarah, on all you’ve accomplished with RedWire / Sprouter! Including the great team you put together that will keep things humming! Best wishes for your new venture, which I look forward to hearing about!

17. Good luck Sarah. You’ve done an awesome job with Sprouter and BetaKit. Can’t wait to see what you get up to next!